Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (MAIS)
Forge your own path to the future
The MAIS allows you to take graduate-level classes in the disciplines of your interest and to expand your professional competencies at a community-focused university with outstanding faculty. In this innovative program, you can create a master's degree that meets your personal and professional aspirations. You will benefit from close academic mentorship and support, from the moment you arrive on campus through the completion of your final project.
coursework and mentorship to fit your needs.
Uniquely designed to your unique goals.
yourself to find solutions for complex problems.
Gather knowledge and expertise from multiple fields by developing a portfolio of hands-on experiences.
professional-grade research methods.
Our community-focused university is here to help you with the assistance and guidance of distinguished faculty.
Interested? Request information
Tell us more and we'll send information on how you can succeed with an graduate degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of Northern Iowa.
Wendy Hoofnagle, Ph.D.
Interdisciplinary Studies Program Coordinator
Requirements for Admission
- Undergraduate and/or graduate official and final transcripts
- Statement: a 500-word narrative indicating the personal and professional objectives sought to be accomplished
- 2.75 is the minimum GPA to be accepted without provision; applicants with a GPA lower than 2.75 may still be admitted provisionally, at the discretion of the program and the Graduate College
- 2 professional or academic references
- One-page resume or CV
- Application fee (this can be waived or deferred, if you qualify).