- Accept your offer: You will need your university CATID to login and complete this step.
- Send official transcripts: Make sure your final, official transcripts are on file before the start of the semester. UNI requires official transcripts from the university that granted your Bachelor's degree, along with any other schools you attended after earning your degree. For transcripts to be considered official, they must be sent directly from the institution to UNI. Transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to the Office of Admissions.
- File your FAFSA: To be considered for financial aid, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed. The application opens annually on October 1. The priority deadline, the date to be considered for the most money, is January 15 at UNI. UNI’s FAFSA code is 001890. You may also contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information or learn more about available graduate financial resources here.
- Check or forward your UNI email: All students are provided an official UNI email address used for many official UNI communications, including university bill notifications. If you would prefer to forward your UNI email to another email address, please refer to these instructions.
- Connect with your Program: Reach out to your graduate program for more information about course enrollment and other departmental questions you may have about your first semester. Find the contact info for your program coordinator and secretary on your program's website. For students in one of our Online and Distance education programs, you can also refer to the 'New Student Checklist'.
- Campus Jobs: Learn about potential student employment on campus, as well as graduate assistantship opportunities. Both opportunity types will be available and posted on UNI Handshake. To login, use your CATID and search for postings.
- Explore the Cedar Valley: Venture beyond the UNI campus and learn more about the surrounding communities of Cedar Falls and Waterloo.