Schedule For Poster Presentations
Presenters Set-up Posters: 9:00-10:45 a.m.
Judging and Public Viewing: 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Maucker Union Ballroom
**Presenters must be present during the scheduled judging**
Types of Posters:
- Data-Based: A data-based poster presentation documents the collected data and the presentation of findings/conclusions based on that data. This type of poster will typically include an introduction, short review of the literature, methods/methodology, findings and the conclusions drawn from those findings.
- Literature Review: A literature review poster presentation showcases a review of the previously published literature on a certain topic to summarize the state of the field. This poster type generally does not include a methodology section, but it may contain findings and conclusions.
- Presenters may only be the main presenter for one poster presentation, but they may be co-presenters on other posters.
- Faculty cannot be co-presenters.
- Posters must fit on the provided 4'x8' poster board panel.
- All presenters must check in at the Registration Table located in the lobby of the Maucker Union Ballroom and have their posters hung by 10:45 a.m. Presenters can hang their posters beginning at 9:00 a.m. Push pins will be provided.
- Presenters must be present for the entire judging period of 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Presentations should not be simply the printing out and posting of PowerPoint slides or of a manuscript.
- Prior to printing of the poster, presenters should PROOFREAD their posters multiple times. It would be beneficial to ask faculty or friends to proofread the poster as well prior to printing.
Who Are The Judges For The Symposium?
UNI graduate faculty from a variety of disciplines serve as judges for the Poster Presentations at the Symposium.
Poster Presentation Judging Process
- First Round Judging: Graduate Faculty Judges visit their assigned posters. Judges critique the students' posters based on the Poster Presentation Judging Form which is linked below. Judges will then select their top choice of their assigned posters for the Final Round Judging.
- Final Round Judging: Three different Graduate Faculty Judges visit together the top choice posters chosen by the First Round Judges. All participants must stay for the duration of the judging process. The judges consult with one other to decide the winners of the Symposium Scholarship Awards.
Symposium Scholarship Awards
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $150
- Honorable Mention: $100
Awarding of prizes in all categories is at the judges' discretion and the judges reserve the right to not award a prize.
Option For Printing of Posters
College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences Poster Printing
- Posters of students in a College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences program are printed at no charge. However, if you must print a poster a second time due to your mistakes, there will be a $25 charge. This charge can be paid by check or cash.
- There is a $25 charge for poster printing for students who are not students in a graduate program in the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences. This charge can be paid by check or cash.
- Directions: Email your poster as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to Wright 206 on a flash drive in a PowerPoint or PDF format.
- If you have questions email email@example.com or call 273-5809, or stop by Wright 206.
- It is advised that students wishing to have their posters printed by the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences submit their request by March 4, 2019 to allow ample time for printing.
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Poster Printing
- Students in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences can have their posters printed at no charge. Review http://www.csbs.uni.edu/request/posters/ for details, including the required Poster Printing Request Form.
- Copyworks, located at 2227 College St. Cedar Falls, has poster printing services available. Visit their website for more information https://copyworks.presencehost.net/companyinfo/locations/cedar-falls.html
Equipment Provided For Poster Presentations
- A 4’x8’ poster board
- Push pins