Symposium Scholarship Awards
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $150
- Honorable Mention: $100
Awarding of prizes is at the judges' discretion and a winner may not be selected.
Schedule For Poster Presentations
Check in at the Registration Table in the lobby of the Maucker Union Ballroom.
Presenters Set-up Posters: 9:00-10:45 a.m.
Judging and Public Viewing: 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
**Presenters must be present during the scheduled judging.**
Types of Posters:
- Data-Based: This poster documents the collected data and the presentation of findings/conclusions based on that data. This type of poster includes a methodology, findings and conclusions.
- Literature Review: This poster presentation showcases a review of the literature on a given topic to summarize the state of the field. This poster type generally does not include a methodology section, but it may explain research trends and findings.
- One poster as main author, but may be a co-presenter on other posters.
- Faculty cannot be serve as co-presenters.
- Poster Format: must fit on the provided 4'x8' poster board panel.
- Posters can be hung between 9.00am-10.45 am.
- Presenters must be present for the entire judging period of 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Equipment provided: a 4’ x 8’ poster board and push pins
Who Are The Judges For The Symposium?
UNI graduate faculty serve as judges for the event.
Poster Presentation Judging Process
- First Round Judging: Graduate Faculty Judges visit their assigned posters. Judges make a preliminary evaluation of the students' posters. Judges then select their top choice of their assigned posters for the Final Judging Round.
- Final Round Judging: Three different Graduate Faculty Judges visit together the top choice posters chosen by the First Round Judges and determine the winners of the Symposium Scholarship Awards. All participants must stay for the duration of the judging process.
Poster Printing Information
College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences Poster Printing
- Posters of students in a CHAS program are printed at no charge.
- Non-CHAS students: $25 dollar charge. Include your student ID number if paying by U-Bill. Cash or checks will not be accepted.
- Posters need to have one side of 42” or less. Please limit large amounts of color and backgrounds.
- Submit final poster versions for printing. Reprints include an additional $25 charge.
- Email your poster as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to Wright 206 on a flash drive in a PowerPoint or PDF format.
- For questions email email@example.com or call 273-5809, or stop by Wright 206.
- Submit requests to CHAS for printing by March 23, 2020.
Department of Health, Recreation and Community Services Poster Printing
- Poster printing service is available to any student.
- Costs: $15 dollars for 36 x 48 inch poster or 3’ x 4’ poster and $10 dollars for a 24 x 36 inch poster or 2’ X 3’ poster.
- Payment by cash or check to UNI, Department of Health, Recreation and Community Services (HRCS).
- Email your poster as a PDF or PowerPoint slide in the appropriate size. Send request and attachment to Karen Peterson at Karen.Peterson@uni.edu.
- Reprints add an additional $10-15.00 charge depending on the size of the poster. Pick-up finished posters: 203 Wellness/Recreation Center.
- Submit request to HRCS for printing by, April 7, 2020.
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Poster Printing
- Students in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences can have their posters printed at no charge. Review the CSBS Poster Page for details, including the required Poster Printing Request Form.
- Copyworks, located at 2227 College St. Cedar Falls, has poster printing services available. Visit their website for more information.