Symposium Scholarship Awards
- 1st Place: $300 per presentation room
- 2nd Place: $200 per presentation room
Awarding of prizes is at the judges' discretion and a winner may not be selected.
Schedule For Oral Presentations
Check in 30 minutes prior to presentation at the Registration Table in the lobby of the Maucker Union Ballroom.
Maucker Union Meeting Rooms (Lower Level)
- Presentations must be data-based research or literature reviews.
- Data-Based: This presentation documents the collected data and the presentation of findings/conclusions based on that data. This presentation includes a methodology, findings and conclusions.
- Literature Review: This presentation showcases a review of the literature on a given topic to summarize the state of the field. This presentation generally does not include a methodology section, but it may explain research trends and findings.
- Length: Not to exceed 15 minutes, plus an additional 5 minutes for questions. A deduction of 10 points occurs when going above time limitation.
- Participants present at their assigned times; every 25 minutes in each room with a five minute break between sessions.
- Bring presentation on a flash drive. Power Point Presentations compatible with version 2010.
- No use of Internet allowed.
- Equipment provided: Windows computer, projector and slideshow clicker.
- If using handouts or non-tech materials, email email@example.com.
- Schedule to be determined until all submissions have been received.
Who Judges the Symposium?
UNI graduate faculty serve as judges for the event.