Schedule For Oral Presentations
Maucker Union Meeting Rooms (Lower Level)
- Presentations must be data-based research or literature reviews.
- Data-Based: A data-based presentation documents the collected data and the presentation of findings/conclusions based on that data. This type of poster will typically include an introduction, short review of the literature, methods/methodology, findings and the conclusions drawn from those findings.
- Literature Review: A literature review presentation showcases a review of the previously published literature on a certain topic to summarize the state of the field. This poster type generally does not include a methodology section, but it may contain findings and conclusions.
- The length of each presentation is strictly limited to 15 minutes or less, plus an additional 5 minutes for judges' and audience questions. A deduction of 10 points will occur if the presentation is over the allotted time.
- Presentations will take place between 1:00-4:00 p.m. in the Maucker Union Lower Level Meeting Rooms.
- We will not run ahead of schedule. Presenters will present at their assigned times. Presentations will take place every 25 minutes in each room. There will be 5 minutes between each presentation, allowing the presenters and audience time to exit and enter between presentations.
- Presenters must have their presentation on a flash drive. Presenters may not log on to their individual accounts or email their presentations for the day of.
- Presenters who do not use PowerPoint technology may develop and utilize other options, such as handouts and single page posters to help display important information. If this is your plan, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The presentation schedule will be determined after all registrations have been received.
- Presenters must check in 30 minutes prior to their scheduled presentation at the Registration Table located in the lobby of the Maucker Union Ballroom.
- Please note that if you plan to use PowerPoint be sure the presentation is compatible with PowerPoint 2010.
Who Judges the Symposium?
UNI graduate faculty serve as judges for the Oral Presentations at the Symposium.
Symposium Scholarship Awards
- 1st Place: $300 per presentation room
- 2nd Place: $200 per presentation room
Awarding of prizes in all categories is at the judges' discretion and the judges reserve the right to not award a prize.
- Windows computer
- Slideshow clicker