Graduate Council Meeting
December 14, 2017
Present: Pohl, Pease, Olivares, O’Loughlin, Igou, Wegg, Cyphert, Edmister, and Rau.
Absent: Al-Mabuk, Berendzen, Bullard, Curran, Schupanitz, Schwieger.
The Minutes from November 9, 2017 were approved.
Graduate College Reports:
Patrick Pease, Graduate College Dean –
- The workshop from Dr. James Dietrich was well attended. Zotero will now be on all of the Library computers. Thesis/dissertation formatted templates are in the works, but not available yet. The hope is to have them available by next semester.
- The Graduate College is always looking for new ideas similar to Dr. Dietrich’s work and beyond. Please alert the college if you come across any new ideas.
Gabriela Olivares, Associate Graduate Dean –
- Many of the awards have been decided:
- Summer Fellowships have been notified. There are 28 recipients.
- PDAs are awaiting final approval from the BOR
Susie Schwieger, Director of Graduate Student Life --
- No report at this time.
- Continue to watch your emails for new events.
Gayle Pohl, Chair of the Graduate Faculty –
- The Brown Bag list for the Spring semester is coming out soon via email.
- Please look for that and note dates of new events on your calendars.
- Welcome Abby, she is a new member to the graduate council and will represent doctoral students.
- The catalog clarification and edits that were sent out prior to the meeting were discussed. Questions were answered and couple suggestions were offered. Please review and if you have any additional questions, suggestions, and concerns please submit them to Patrick Pease. It would be helpful if that could occur prior to the end of the month as the information will move to the registrar office to initiate the process for printing in January. Yet there may be some time in January as well.
- After further conversation, the Graduate Council is withdrawing the discussion of the petition to Faculty Senate for Non-Voting Graduate Council representative at this time.
The meeting was adjourned.
Reminder: The next scheduled meeting is January 11, 2018 at 3:30 pm.
Chair of the Graduate Faculty